Friday, January 21, 2011

Random musings

I didn't know exactly what to write about today because this week has been less than perdy. I choose to look back on it and laugh (mostly) about all the wacky, painful or just plain irritating crapola that took place in my life. Also, as I debated over what to actual type out here, several little random thoughts pinged through my noggin. They are, in no particular order, the following:

a. (I really like the look of a lower case "a" vs an upper case "A" but -oops- that has absolutely nothing to do with my list.) As do most girls, I have a better day when my hair is good. A pencil will help me achieve that if my hair is unruly. I have a blue pencil at work that rarely is used for its intended purpose. Instead, it holds my hair up remarkable well and I am grateful for it.

2. I got my job because my mother was in this line of work. It was supposed to be the job that got me through college but the market was booming, they hurriedly advanced my position, I suddenly made more money than I would as a teacher (which was my major at the time) so I stuck it out. Since, I have often said that the title business is like the mafia. Generally there is some sort of nepotism, although I did start at the (almost) very bottom and did genuinely have to work my way up. Also, once you're in it, there's no getting out. Hence the mafia reference. In the title business, well the escrow side anyway, you work numbers all day long. As advanced as technology has become, I still use my trusty old ten key every day and, because of that I reckon, I prefer the ten key portion of the keyboard rather than the numbers along the top even when I am typing numbers as part of my text. I'm a ten key girl!

Also. I really enjoy sweets. Even though they add padding to my derriere, even though I have a toothache that won't be fixed until Monday, even though I know for sure sugar is bad for my immune system and diabetes runs in my family, I can not make myself stop with the dang sugar. Just talking about it makes me want to eat this Reece's heart that is gently calling my name from the sack on the floor behind my desk.

Finally. It's Stock Show time here in Cowtown, Texas. (I must clarify the Texas part because, as I was made shockingly aware as an adult, other states have towns that claim "Cowtown" as a nickname, too.) My picture above is the same as my bio picture in blogland. It is me leaving the Stock Show two years ago. I love this town, I love the stock show and I love that we are going again tonight and tomorrow to watch the BLM Mustangs perform and then *possibly* purchase one of my very own. It's doubtful that I will find the perfect one that is also young enough to still be trained but the hope remains.

So I bid you adieu. Work to finish on my ten key with my hair twisted and pierced by a blue pencil, sweet snacks to consume, then "it's off again to the rodeo." (Thank you Mr. Green.)

Oh but first, here's a quick recap of the week from aych eee double hockey stix:
AF and I got in an argument. A couple of times.
I proved to myself, yet again, that I just don't listen. Still. (Started the dishwasher on heat with AF's laptop on the counter right above it.)
My tub faucet finally broke and AF had to replace the whole thing which wasted his whole evening yet he did not complain once, but instead, proudly showed me his work and my new, much more beautiful and efficient faucet. (me: it's so pretty. him: who cares how it looks, turn that baby on and see how fast the water comes out now. LOVE HIM)
TOOTH ACHE! And, just so you know, Vicadin pretty much is useless for pain but, according to all the research I have uncovered, it's unbeatable at reducing the life of your liver.
Aaron's TOOTH ACHE! But he's a trooper and just deals with pain like it's a pesky fly instead of the bounding freight train that is my pain.
There is some scary stuff going on in the women's locker room at pretty much every gym. Scary gross! Banging out razors on lockers and naked, sweaty rears directly on the benches. Oh my!

Happy weekend!
~Super Fan Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment