Thursday, November 4, 2010

Did that just happen?

So basically I was floored when I opened the door one morning and October showed up. People say it all the time but truly, time flies. I wasn't prepared for October and to prove it, my husband just complained yesterday about how he had to get evil with some clients on billing because they had not paid since May and it really took me a minute to figure out that May was quite a while ago. The moment before that realization I was questioning why he was so mad about past due from May since that was only 15 -wait!- 153 days ago. Ok, he can be mad.


Even more troubling is that now October has already packed its bags and hit the road for another year. I was very sad on November 1st because I hadn't even settled in with my beloved Halloween decorations and already it is time for them to collect dust in the opossum's attic.


Here is a brief update of what went on in my life in October. It was a really cool month, by the way. I enjoyed every fleeting moment of it. Really I did!






I got my hair done for the fist time in months. I love it! My friend April does my hair. I say that like I've known her forever and she just does my hair, too. I met her when I was in a panic for a new do and my usual girl, who is an hour drive away anyway, was always full up. So April became my new girl and she just started at a new salon in Old Town Keller in an updated, super cute, old house. They took old doors and put mirrors on them and I loved it! I have some old doors that Mr. Ferrell and I bought a long time ago and haven't figured out what to do with. Now we have an idea for one of them. Yea, us! April trimmed me, high-lighted me and gave me some kerotine treatment to take the frizz out (it totally worked) and now I am looking good!








I spent a lot of time watching Mr. Ferrell do things in October like, help build our new horse fence, work on computers, win a race in his stock car, and play with the fake bow and arrow from my Halloween costume. I was the wicked witch of the wild west. I love his butt and his flat stomach and his bicep all perked up and his chest but he had just moved his arm up right before I took this picture. Bummer! Aaron Ferrell...he's so cuuute! (If you were a Family Ties fan, you get the reference.)












Also, that dude I live with drove me all around the neighboring counties looking for giant pumpkins for sale to compare his giant pumpkins' growth. He wins! I always enjoy being the passenger and getting to look at all the beautiful trees, animals and clouds as we cruise along. I especially loved this set of clouds and felt very poetic as I watched them.



I got to meet Demarcus Ware (my favorite Cowboy) and Miles Austin and Tashard Choice at a breast cancer awareness event. Then my bud Marnie and I got awesome seats to the Monday Night game!!!!! We had a blast even though we lost. I love that she makes the best of things no matter what! Love love love her!




More amazing than all of that is that the Texas Rangers won the American League Championship against the Yankees and went to the WORLD SERIES!!!!! October 22, 2010 was one of my top 100 best days! This is an amazing team; an awesome group of guys and I am so proud of them! Yea Rangers!




Then to polish off the month, we had our annual Halloween party, Ferrell Fest! My niece, Alex, came in to town and a bunch of our friends and family (71 of them) came over to celebrate with us. Aaron took everyone on haunted hay rides, we had an awesome bounce house from my friend, Travis and of course a dj since the band thing is not working out too well. The food was great, the costumes were awesome and we had a fabulous time! Even better, Sunday was actually Halloween so we got to celebrate some more. Aaron took our neighborhood kids around on with the tractor on another hay ride so they could trick-or-treat and I stayed home to hand out candy at Spooky Ferrell Hollow. We really do go all out for this holiday and we have so much fun with it.
It's officially Fall round these parts. I'm a Summer lover so I have to make some adjustments to enjoy this time of year. Mostly just bundling up and making sure that there are extra sweaters everywhere, like in my truck, his truck, my office, everywhere! It's waaaay below 70 degrees here now and I am freezing!
Happy Fall y'all!
~Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment