Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Uninspired

Friday I was completely uninspired to blog about anything. I thought for a moment, as I drove out of the office parking lot for lunch, about one thing that I could write about and that I was anxious to write about. It slipped my mind before I got back. I have always liked that phrase, it slipped my mind. It reminds me of my grandmother. I don't recall her ever saying it but I presume it is one she must of said. Never-the-less, it reminds me of her.
Friday night I got things ready for the Haslet Hustle 5k and Aaron had to work late, again. I was very impressed with myself that I got so much done ahead of time. Then I made dinner for us; spaghetti with sausage and lightly toasted bread. Yum. He loved it. That's the goal.
Saturday got up very early, got ready, prepared the fruit for the 5k run, loaded everything up in the truck, put everything out and then set up at the elementary school for our run. It was very cold, which sucked, because it's been unseasonably warm until that morning and then warm again shortly after the run. Punk Mother-Nature. Totally could have been worse, so I guess I am over it. The only things I wish I would have done differently (and hope to remember to do better next year) are: 1. Load the tables, chairs, etc into the truck the night before, & 2. Actually tabulate the winners correctly! Wow! That was embarrassing. Still uncertain where the ball got dropped but since that part is ultimately on me, it is my blame to take.
On a good note, Aaron ran it again and got 2nd in his age group. Also, we had 71 runners this year. A lot less than last year but since it was so cold, I think it was a good turn out.
After the run, I put things away, went to pay storage and then rearranged things so that we could empty one unit all-together. Later, Aaron, Skyler and I went back up there to load up and take the rest to Decatur. Through the weekend they got most of it done but we have one small load left. That night we went to dinner in North Side and I had the best ribs ever at H3. I love being down there. So much so, that we went again the next day with Tracy and Jen to the stock sale at Cowtown Coliseum. It was only bucking stock so that was a bummer. Even though I would love to have a saddle-bronc, Aaron is having none of that.
We left and went to eat an awesome lunch at Gloria's and then had yogurt for dessert. After, Aaron and Skyler took more storage to Decatur and I went back to the sale and then home for the Cowboy game. We won!!! Finally! We're 2 & 7. :( But we won!
Then AF and I went back to North Side for our fave...North Side Tacos. Went to bed early, too. Yea, us!
Monday was crazy! Boring day at work until Marnie got a message from her Dallas Cowboy asking if she wanted to get together for a first date Monday Night Football game. Duh! yep!
So I watched the girls, had pizza, watched football then a movie until she got home on her Cloud 9 float. We're going to the game again Sunday. Yippee!!!!!
Aaron had MUCH drama with his job but it all got quelled and I think he is significantly de-stressed about the situation. We shall see. He worked out again and I didn't so I have even more catching up to do. He is so amazing and inspirational to me. He makes me want to try harder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment