Friday, July 9, 2010

Right on time

That's what Aaron always says when something happens just the way he wants it to. It's Friday and it came right on time.
Unlike with my journal, and for reasons still unclear to me, I never know what in the world I will write about here until my fingers start to fly. But it somehow comes to me.
Yesterday was rainy again and I need to check the records but I am pretty sure this is the rainiest July of my life in Texas. We've become so accustomed to planting things that can withstand our dry, hot summers that those poor things have achieved root rot and the flowers have wilted. Oh the irony.
After a productive day at work (my new office is working out quite well) and a WCR luncheon where I ran into all kinds of people I rarely see anymore, I raced home to pick up my lovely great-niece, Alex. Then we went to Justin to hang out with my brother, her grandfather, and my dad while they replaced the floor. That was loud. Later we went back home and watched What Happens in Vegas. I just love that movie.
Also, I texted a friend and laughed at myself because as much as I used to hate texting, the Blackberry has helped make this something very easy for me. Almost as fast as a keyboard.
It continued to rain and I put all the animals up. At least the pumpkins are benefitting from this weather. They look better than ever if we can just continue to keep the squash bugs at bay.
I am very much looking forward to the rodeo tonight. Alex's first! I love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment