Monday, July 19, 2010

Another blurry weekend


So Friday night started out with a bang. Got home from work, rounded everyone up and headed to eat at Rosa's then raced go-carts off Northside Drive with Aaron, Alex Andrea, Alex & Jordyn Hunt and all 5 screamers. We had a great time. Saturday, we got up early. Aaron and I took care of the animals and then messed in the garden for a bit. Then I rounded up the three girls and picked up Elaine, Aaron's mom, for our fun-filled day. First we went to the Amon Carter Museum so I could introduce Alex Andrea to my beloved, Frederic Remington. I think they all enjoyed it. I did as well but was sad that my favorite sculptures of his were put in the vault until who-knows-when. Bummer.
Next we headed to Big D to meet Aaron's Aunt Neva for lunch at Cafe Express on McKinney. That place is so nice with a really pretty patio with waterfalls and fountains. We caught the trolley and got the tour and then picked up some delicious cupcakes before heading out of Dallas. On our way home, we stopped by Cowboys Stadium, which was hosting the post world cup soccer game between USA and Mexico so the area was full of excitement. We took pictures and then bought souvenirs. Finally we headed home and, after some serious confusion with Aaron, I took all three girls to Perrin to stay the night. I got some good pictures of the Parker County Courthouse on the way home (I love that endeavor) and then crashed with the tv and some snacks.
Sunday, Aaron and I went to Starbucks, then came home and cleaned a little. Then I packed up and headed to lunch with Kandice and little, baby Mia. Followed that up with a drive back to Perrin to meet the girls for a trip to Unks Lake. On the way, took pictures of the beautiful trees & stepped on a thistle which went through my flip-flop and into the ball of my right foot. Ouch! Unks Lake was really fun. We all had a blast. After a fill up and some refreshments, we took Ashley & Chris home, helped unload their new pool table and then I brought all three girls back with me. We hung out at the screamers and then I went to pick up pizza and we all just hung out and talked. I haven't laughed that much in a while. I really enjoyed my time with everyone this weekend.
Now I am excited to get a good work week in. New clients I am a wantin!

No comments:

Post a Comment