Thursday, September 9, 2010

I have always loved Thursdays




Picture #1 was sent to me yesterday by my adorable nephew, Matt. Attached to the picture was his greeting, "Hello from Horseshoe Bend!" Picture #3 was sent to me from my sweet nephew, Jason. They were there to finish spreading the ashes of their maternal grandparents at Lake Powell. Jason and I visited Horseshoe Bend together the year that my father-in-law passed away, 2007. It brightened my day immensely that they took the time to photograph part of my beloved canyon and send me the pictures. I wish I were there with them so I could smooch their faces off!
Picture #2 was sent to me by my crazy husband, Aaron, just this morning. He had an early flight to St. Louis and sadly I will not be able to meet him there. He will return late tonight though, so I am not too terribly sad about his absence. Most people don't know this about me but my dream job, as a child, was to be a steamboat captain on the mighty Mississippi. So anytime he crosses the river, he'll send me a picture of the moment. It has completely made my week that while I plug away here at my beautiful dark wood desk in itty bitty Keller, Texas, my loves are sending me pictures from their travels, each of them places I adore for certain reasons.
Tonight, I will go home alone to hang with my dogs, cats, bunny, pony, duck and chickens-each of us saddened just a bit because Farmer Ferrell will not be home with us until after we all hit the hay-to watch the very first, regular season game of the year! The ever returning Favre and his Vikings taking on the Saints in New Orleans. My money's on the reigning champs, just for the record. Like I said, I *have always* loved Thursdays. And so it continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment