Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Three of hearts

For a pretty long time our little family has been Aaron, me and a bunch of feathered and furry babies. Some with hooves, some with claws, some with paws. Now our family will be three humans together with the aforementioned motley crew. Yep! We're having a baby! Small Ferrell is due in early January. I am 12 weeks along and peering down 2nd trimester lane. It seems more and more official every day but way more so since Sunday, when we told my parents and then again on Monday, when AF told his mother. Today I told some friends and the rest of my family. I am so excited. Aaron is, too. I am also scared about so much. Getting huge is one cause of freak out. Followed by permanent skin damage. I won't even mention the things that cause me shortness of breath over delivery. I am sure it's the same for all women and so I am insignificant in my mental state. However! Once it is happening to you, it causes your pulse to race and you suddenly ask the same questions women have been asking for years but now the answers scare the shizz out of you. Beyond that, of course I am scared that the baby will have any sort of trouble. I try very hard not to think that way or go there at all but there are moments when it creeps into my mind. I do daydream about what the baby will look like. I hope it is like Aaron. He has beautiful features. Mostly, though, I am happy and content. I am not overly anxious about the nine months being over. Experiencing all that my body does in order to produce this little person has been incredibly interesting and actually pretty fun. I am glad that we get almost a year to prepare our minds, home & lives for this happy change. I am grateful we're not like chickens. 28 days later, you have a baby hatching out. That is not nearly enough time. Cheers (with water) to expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment